Friday, February 03, 2006

Last minute heads ups...

One thing about my life that's always kinda bugged me is how little room there is for spontaneity beyond a general pouncing distance. I guess when in odd moods I can come off as rather random and out there, but this is not a matter of having more of some quality than the average person. Mine is simply having that same quantity condensed. Some people can call each other up and say that so and so is playing, or what's-her-face is having a party tonight, and then go. Most of the time I'm lucky if I can make it to something with a one-week head's up. So my impulsiveness comes in the small can that you add water too... only without the water.

Most friends have learned well about my can of close range crazy, but I still get the occasional call or e-mail telling me I ought to be somewhere in 3 hours, which is usually as likely as a panda in a petting zoo getting its freak on.

Anyway, got an E-mail today that Lauren Hoffman is playing TONIGHT at the Gravity Lounge with Bella Morte unplugged!

Damn...

Moral of the story: I need to read the entire calendars of places I like to go to.

Anyone who can, and wasn't already planning to, ought to check this out. I really shouldn't have to say why. Lauren Hoffman rules, and the concept of Bella Morte unplugged may or may not be new, but it's new to me. Sounds like a fantastic show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home