Tuesday, March 14, 2006

High Wind and High Rotation.

School has returned.

Today was wonderfully windy up at Piedmont.

After classes I went to Plan 9 and bought The Hissing Of Summer Lawns by Joni Mitchell and Raw Power by Iggy Pop and The Stooges. Though I think it can be dangerously misleading, you really can get a lot of insight into someone's state of mind from what kind of music they are feeling like listening to at a time. Right now I want a smooth intelligent woman with deep complicated lyrics that sometimes give Dylan a run for his money... and a hyper raunchy self-destructive rocker who can't keep his pants on.

Ok... maybe that shouldn't be looked too deeply into... yeah.

After a bit more enjoying of the weather at home. I opened some windows and took a nap with Joni on. I didn't sleep well last night and I needed it. Woke up a few minutes ago and put on Iggy. Raw Power is one of those albums I've been meaning to get for years. It's really giving me some nice nostalgia. High school camping trips driving through wooded areas with The Damned's first album blaring. At band practice, you could turn any high-speed train wreck of a jam into a decent cover of 1970 or TV Eye.

Memories...

Other music that has been in high rotation recently:

Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth

B.R.M.C. - Howl

The Cure - Bloodflowers

The Arcade Fire - Funeral

Love and Rockets - Sweet F.A.

White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan

Rufus Wainwright - Poses

Paul Curreri - Spirit of the Staircase

Nirvana - Nevermind

Frank Black - Honeycomb



Holy Crap! Wilco is coming to town! I have a feeling this week is going to very quickly find me broke.

3 Comments:

Anonymous sal said...

WOW BEHOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111 I CAN FINALLY POST A COMMENT WITHOUT HAVING TO UNDERGO IMMIGRATION TYPE SCRUTINY

i will rejoice by baking 5 dozen cupcakes and sacrificing my one and only goldfish.

I KID.

7:14 PM  
Anonymous sal said...

OK, I GUESS NOT. verily i have been decieved. my poor self. oh oh ohhh, loook what you've doneeee, you've made a fool of everyone
/jet

ok, my time here is done..

7:18 PM  
Blogger Cory Capron said...

Sorry... I like my littel slice of power. :)

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home