Monday, March 06, 2006

Music, slow spots and whatever else is on my mind.

Shifted down a few gears on the writting today. Mostly to look over what I have and where to go next. Made a few changes to the blog. Finally got links up to some friends and places. I'll probably add a few more later.

I've got Bob Dylan's Oh Mercy on in the background. It's flawed but still a pretty damn good album. From Ring them Bells on it's great sailing. Most of the Time is perhaps the most emotional song he's ever recorded. By that I mean his performance of it. He sounds like he's got a knot in his throat. That's very unlike most Dylan, even Blood on the Tracks stuck mostly to the words saying what he felt. Man in the Long Black Coat is my favorite on the album. What a great waltz!

Can't find my cell phone... that's not good.

Oscars came and went. Good for Altman! Can wait for the new film.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Patrick A. Reed said...

If you can find Ani Difranco's cover of "Most Of The Time" anywhere, it's highly recommended. Killer tune.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Cory Capron said...

Thanks Patrick! The hunt is on.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Cory Capron said...

On the whole it's flawed thing...

Like many of his later albums it get's the "it's not as good as his older stuff" review, sure. Thing that gets me about it is that it sounds like he recorded the songs in the order he wrote them. It has little flow, and where it does tends to sound the same because he's still riding the same muse. When I get on a good flow I often write two or three songs that are similar in some repect, like three breakup songs in a row, then spread them out over different works with different songs inbetween.

This is getting long... I'm stopping now.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home