Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Homosexuality and Pedophilia have different names for a reason… THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING!

How many times must this be explained?

A pedophile is a person sexually attracted to minors (sex usually not specified). A homosexual is sexually attracted to a person of the same sex. Pedophilia is in no way a factor for defining a homosexual. It occurs in both homosexuals and heterosexuals and is uncommon in both overall.

What people often overlook when suggesting that accepting homosexuality will lead us down such absurd moral slippery slopes as to accept pedophilia and bestiality is the matter of mutual consent. With pedophilia and bestiality, mutual consent cannot be proven if even questioned. The mutual consent of two adult homosexuals on the other hand can be proven, thus it is an infringement of privacy and the fundamental rights of two individuals to intrude upon that consent.

Not even as far back as fifty years ago, it was this kind of ignorance that led to black people being looked at as sex crazed animals that the Klan had to protect their white women from. Sheesh!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Austen said...

That really irks me, too. We should've done that for one of our Wednesday Words, but there's no need now: I think you covered it just fine.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Cory Capron said...

Wednesday Words? I've not heard of this.

Covered or not, I have (or at least I'm under the impression that I have) a pretty small number of readers, and most of them at this point are well seated in the choir. So spead the word man. It's scary how many people think what Steve Ford said is true.

2:23 PM  
Anonymous austen said...

Oh, that's just something we do on our blog each week. We talk about a specific word on Wednesdays. No big deal.

I'll think about it for a post, but I'd have to say something different than what you said!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Cory Capron said...

Oh! Of Red Inked! Without your link I thought you were one of the students from my old high school that I'd just talked about the amendment at.

Can't wait till I have time to really dig into Red Inked more. Words are a big passion of mine and I love the idea of your blog.

Keep it up!

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home