Wednesday, October 18, 2006

"Save Our Parks Rally"

"Did you hear? They wanna put roads thru the two biggest parks in Charlottesville?!?!"

That's what the flier says that Stratton Salidis handed me Monday evening at the Twisted Branch. I told him I probably couldn't make it but I would at least spread the word. So here you go!

Honestly, I've not kept up very well for the past year or two with the continuing saga of the Meadowcreek Parkway and Eastern Connector. I've been against the Meadowcreek Parkway since day one, and I'm far from a fan of putting a road through Penn Park. It strikes me that, as much as democrats and republicans have evoked the Vietnam War in debates over Iraq, there should be a unanimous opposition to putting a road straight through what is perhaps the oldest Vietnam memorial in the nation.

The rally will be held at 5:30pm on the 18th (TODAY) at Water St. and 4th Street SE (near the center of the downtown mall). City Counselors and Co. Supervisors will be present. So let them know what you think if you can make it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home