Friday, November 17, 2006

Can't wait for Waits!

There are a lot of things I'm happy about right now and a few things I'm bummed about. The major low should be obvious to anyone that's kept up with this blog. For now though I'm going to focus on my two highs and something that has me completely thrown off guard.

My highs are that I'm now on turkey break, which means I can catch up with the homework and see my girlfriend... And the upcoming release of Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers and Bastards! Tom Waits is my all-time favorite artist. There are not enough adjectives in a vintage trailer for Tod Browning's Freaks to describe how wonderful he and his wife are. I'll probably review the new album when it comes out. So I'll leave it at that for now.

So what threw me off guard you ask? This over at Waldo's blog hit me last night.

also, what are your feelings about Scarlett Johansson's upcoming album of all Tom Waits covers? (not a joke)

So I looked it up...Andd yes...Itt seems to be real. Oddly though, I have yet to hear a blip from any of my normal Waits News channels.

In one hand you have this generation's Winona Rider (y'all may deny it but you know I'm right) who I've been watching since Ghost World and saying she would be a star, and in the other you have Tom "slicker than deer guts on a door knob" Waits. So what's not to like?

I'm optimistic. She's one of the fewHollywoodd beauties that can actually act (did a good job in Match Point) and if nothing else this shows that she has really good taste in music. However if she messes it up then I'm probably not going to be putting up with no The Perfect Score 2: The Graduate.

What would be really cool is if this story turns out to be true and that Tom Waits will duet with her. If that were the case (doubtful) then there would be no question that this will be fantastic in my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home