Monday, February 05, 2007

Benefit Show for Slate Hill Phil's Duaghter

I really, really hate it when blogger dies while I'm trying to post something and edit it.


Been thinking alot about old friends I haven't seen in a while. Sometimes I wonder if I saw people that I haven't seen in more than a year if we would still have anything to say. I don't mean that in a mean way; I'm just being frank. Music seems to be a little further than just on the back burnner for me these days. I started to put lyrics together into book organized from 2002 to present over break and it was like two different people's faces should be on the front and back covers. Heck, even movies aren't as big a deal as they used to be! My focus has been growing more and more towards college, politics and playing around with prose. Even prose works are catching dust, but granted this is a pretty busy time for me right now. Strange how we change, huh? Just sorta happens.

Anyway, no more nostalgia for me. I just heard about this benefit through my former bandmate Annalise's myspace page and thought I'd help spread the word. I've got to hit the books before class, so here's a rough copy and paste number:
An Evening Celebrating the Life and Music of Phil Gianniny

WITH
JAMIE DYER
SPENCER LATHROP
HANS THE ODDITY
ACORN SISTERS
JIM WAIVE
CHARLIE BELL
LOVELL COLEMAN
SARAH WHITE
SIAN RICHARDS
STRATTON SALIDAS
THE STAGGERS
HOGWALLER RAMBLERS
THE SCREAMING INFIDEL
SNYLE CLINE
ANNALISE LOVELACE
JOHNNY RED
REV.EDWARD HOPKINS
ACCORDIAN DEATH SQUAD
& SURPRISE SPECIAL GUESTS

ALL PROCEEDS GO TO HIS DAUGHTER – JULIA
SATURDAY NIGHT FEB.10TH 6:00 TILL MIDNIGHT 1304-B E.MARKET ST. AT MEADE ( THE LINEN BUILDING)

BRING A SONG, A STORY, A PHOTOGRAPH, SOME FOOD FOR A POTLUCK AND/OR JUST YOURSELF AND SOME FRIENDs

That's one hell of a local line-up! Should be a great show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home