Friday, July 06, 2007

If your blog was a band or solo artist, who would it be?

Ever since I compared The Daily Whackjob to The Dandy Warhols by welcoming The Ethical Blogger to the "monkey house" I've been kicking around the idea of comparing blogs to bands. We've been quizzed for everything else via personality tests, from what book we are, state, animal, American president, so why not bands?

I'm not a programmer, but if anyone is up to it then go for it! In the mean time, what bands do blogs/bloggers remind you of or pop into your head when reading them?

Most of mine are joking around, but to kick things off, here are a few to go along with The Dandy Whackjob.

Vivian Paige - Madeleine Peyroux

Rule .303 - Flogging Molly - or maybe I just have them stuck in my head at the moment. Ramones kind of work though. Joey was a Dem and Johnny was a Rep, so you get kind of a moderate sound from most of their work.

Kenton Ngo - Danzig

Sorry, couldn't resist. He does have a little bit of an early Elvis Costello thing going on though whenever he gets going about Albo.

Waldo - They Might Be Giants... or... I don't know, I keep thinking of stuff he's probably listening to while blogging.

That's all I got at the moment. A few came to mind that were a little on the mean side, but I prefer to be a nice guy when I can.

7 Comments:

Blogger Vivian J. Paige said...

First rule: everyone has to know who the band or solo artist IS! I looked up Madeleine Peyroux and still don't know whether I should be flattered or upset :)

1:49 PM  
Blogger Vivian J. Paige said...

Now that I've read thru her bio and watched her video of "I'm All Right" on YouTube, I guess I should be flattered!

She certainly has been influenced by Billie Holiday.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Cory Capron said...

I don't know a lot of her stuff but everything I've heard has been wonderful. Had been on my must buy cd list for a while but I always forget her name when I'm in the cd store.

Her cover of Elliot Smith's "Between The Bars" at first made me think that Elliot didn't write the song and that Billy was singing it! I give it much higher praise than that!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Cory Capron said...

I've linked all the bands to videos on YouTube. That should help.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Vivian J. Paige said...

Thanks for the links. I'll have to listen to them.

And - there was only one Billie Holliday :)

8:03 PM  
Blogger Cory Capron said...

"there was only one Billie Holliday"

Without question. :)

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Johnny Camacho said...

I would probably be Perry Como.

3:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home