Monday, August 20, 2007

Question for Doom 3 Gamers

(UPDATE: I changed my mind on computers at the last minute. Alterations have been made below.)

Looks like I'm finally getting around to buying a new computer. The iMac 20-inch with 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo looks like the winner.

What I want to know is, with its ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT, will I be able to play Doom 3 or anything else that has come out in the last four years while I've been off in PS2 land? If not, what chip do I need to pick up down the road if I do want to buy Doom 3 and how much of a pain will it be to get it in my computer?

I'm a casual gamer, so I'm not asking what will make my computer the most 133+ gaming computer out there. I just want to know if I'll need something to make it run smooth and be fun so that I don't come home one day all gitty with a copy of Doom 3, only to sit there after installing it, frustrated when it won't run right if at all. I hate that installed a new kickass game I've wanted to play for a while but now it won't run feeling. HATE IT!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jack Landers said...

This has nothing to do with your blog entry, but I don't have your email address handy. In response to your comment on Rule .303, can you tell me exactly what model and caliber those rifles are? I'll see what I can tell you and either give you or recommend in the way of ammo. My email is jack dot landers at gmail dot com.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Cory Capron said...

Thanks Jackson. I'll get back to you with the info as soon as I can.

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home