Saturday, September 08, 2007

End of Week Two at UVA

Never finished watching If....

Maybe somewhere down the road I'll come back to it and dig it... or hate it. I was just too tired too tell if I was watching arthouse b.s. or a quality experimental film. Perhaps I should of said experimental b.s. and quality arthouse? (There's probably a good blog entry to be made from that question.) The last two week have allowed me to apreciate the joe that just wants to watch something blow up. Yesterday I rented Raiders of the Lost Arc and watched it over a bottle of IPA Ruination. Jackson was right, that stuff is pretty good.

My best advice to anyone looking to transfer to UVA in for their third year is to know EXACTLY what you want to major in. Third years really don't get a chance to explore.

At the time being I really don't think I want to go the linguistics rout. I might keep it as a minor, but I think it would really limit my options of places I could get a job teaching at in the area. Furthermore, I'm not sure I could teach it as well or with the enthusiasim that I could teach liturature or media studies. Ah... media studies.... That's my current battle gournd for a major. Though it isn't a cake walk if you haven't filled out a form by March 15th, which I didn't.

Otherwise things are going pretty nice. The walking is helping me lose the summer's reclusive writer/geek fat. Classes are good. about 200 pages a week to read. I get along with my professors. The cafateria has sushi. Work on weekends. Good times.

Still working on the social life bit though, and to a lesser extent the blogging life. (Sorry, got to prioritize.)

Hmm... Blogger's spellcheck isn't working. I'll have do sometihng about that... maybe later.


Pleasure Reading:
"American Gods" by Neil Gaiman

High Rotation:
I'm ripping a lot of my cds this weekend so I'm shuffling Rolling Stones, Nine Inch Nails and some of this and that.

Homework:
Catching up on my reading for my Slavic Folklore class.
Preparing for Structure of English (linguistics) quizz for next week.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Annalise Lovelace said...

well hello mr capron. haven't seen you in ages but you kept popping into my mind today. i was remembering our band- that was the best time. i loved being in a band so much!

so you're at uva now. that's good. everyone i have met previously who went there was dumb and ugly and a conservative, chauvinist frat boy.. but you're cool so you can radiate some of that coolness into the campus status quo. give it a better reputation, in my mind at least! do you like it/ are there cool people who go there who i just haven't met?

this is dumb of me- contacting you via comment on your blog, but i forget yr email address. you should listen to the new songs i put on my myspace. i'm making an album. it's called This Is Church Camp!

love, Annalise

10:30 PM  
Anonymous annalise said...

oh by the way, i love neil gaiman. i've read a few of his books. i read American Gods and it was weird and kinda confusing, but i liked it.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Cory Capron said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Cory Capron said...

Hey Annalise! Sorry for the silence! Things have been Super crazy and I haven't even looked at my blog in weeks.

UVA has its ups and downs. I've met nice people there but yet to find my nook. Life feels like all work and no play right now but its kinda ok. Actually I have had fun along the way, I just feel guilty for not doing more with people. haven't talked to eric in months.

If you email me at neosamurai85 (AT) gmail (DOT) com I'll send you my real email address.

I don't have a myspace account so I've never commented, but I pop by your page from time to time. Some songs I've really enjoyed in the past were "On Redemption" and "Waiting for an Earthquake" and some other's I've forgotten the names of. I really like "Soulsick Wasteland" (maybe it's just the name but it reminds me of Daydream Nation stripped down) and "Salvation Someday" is great! please keep me posted on the new album.

Well, got to run. Drop me an email when you can.

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home