Sunday, August 24, 2008

So... is the blog dead or what?

Nope. It's just in a coma.

I seriously considered pulling the plug on it though. But I do enjoy it when I can find the time (which lately I haven't), and I've had the odd experience more and more lately of discovering people actually read it. So, I'm thinking of dusting it off once again when I have time. The soonest I can see that being is after this Fall semester at UVA, but I might sneak some stuff in before then. There will probably be some top ten (in no order) film lists, which I might later discuss each movie from in more detail. It will definitely be more film and film theory oriented, but random ramblings are sure to appear. 

Politics, as I've said before, will be significantly reduced if even notably present. I've really enjoyed the political bloggers I've met, discussed and debated with since I found issues like the marriage amendment to write about, and if shift in focus means a full parting with that crowd then I wish them/you all the best. While I was helping take care of my grandmother, I spent a lot of time at home on call, which meant I had a lot more time to do things like look into political issues more thoroughly. With her passing, that situation changed, and I'm finding I have more time and means to return to the things that really make me happy. I doubt this blog will ever be as active as it was for a while, but I'd like to get try and produce an article weekly to biweekly. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks again everyone.
Until winter (if not sooner), cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home